RSS

Friday, December 25, 2009

Ode to a 'forever friend'






I wanted to stand over your body and command you back to life. I wanted to play Jesus, but my faith was rifled with strife. All I could do was cry...when you lose someone you thought would live forever, a part of you dies and lives again in a way that makes you see life through new eyes...You live on in my heart Hombre...REST IN PEACE.

ETCHED...



The memory of you sizzles



As pictures of you are burned deep


Into the matter of my mind.


Clarity is the price I pay


For not noticing you were there.


Suddenly I can see you laugh


In that careless way of yours;


You throw back your head and roar


Lean forward and clutch your belly with graceful fingers;


Suddenly, I can see you saunter


Into a room and hold your own in the banter


Wit matching wit,


Wit surpassing wit,


Gay with youth


Flushed with the pride of holding your own


Against the rising tide.


I kind of assumed you would live forever


Or at least until my last grandchild


Tore out the strands of your graying hair.


You were going to be his godfather


But I didn’t even know it till I heard


That you had left this world’s fleshy fray.


Now my heart won’t stop aching


Like a rotting tooth it throbs every minute;


Now my eyes won’t stop tearing up,


Like a broken fountain it gushes;


Now my mind won’t stop playing


Those precious frames of moments


Captured and frozen deep inside.


Time capsule released by the hands of death


I see you watch me and it makes me cry.


Could I have stopped the hands of time?


Could I have leapt through space?


And held your hand as you floated away?


I didn’t get the chance to say


You were one of a kind,


I didn’t get the chance to say


You were one of a kind…

IN MEMORY OF JOSHUA OKPAPI...


















1 comment:

jaykay said...

he was one in a million,hate to admit it but too good for this world...rip jaydaemon

Post a Comment